Resources For Maine Seniors
Links To Elder Care Services
• Home Support Services, LLC for HelpLine medical alert systems.
• 211 Maine is a state-wide directory of health and human services available in Maine.
• Alzheimers Association works to enhance care and support for those affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
• Alzheimers Association of Maine is one of over 70 Alzheimer’s Association chapters serving communities across the United States.
• Bureau of Maine Veterans Services ensuring Maine veterans and their dependents receive all entitlements due under the law.
• Elder Independence of Maine is a home care coordination agency. They are a division of SeniorsPlus, the Area Agency on Aging for western Maine. EIM connects Maine people with home care services.
• Goold Health System’s Community Assessment Program is comprised of 30+ nurses, who perform patient assessments in the field. Assessments are provided wherever the patient is located: hospitals, nursing facilities, individuals’ homes, and other health care facilities.
• HUD (Housing and Urban Development) – housing resources for seniors in Maine.
• Legal Services for the Elderly provides free, high quality legal services to Maine’s people aged 60 and over.
• Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides money to help low-income homeowners and renters pay for heating costs.
• Maine Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is a non-profit agency whose mission is to advocate for quality of life and care for long term care consumers.
• Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older, certain younger people with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease.
• National Parkinson Foundation has focused on meeting the needs in the care and treatment of people with Parkinson’s disease.
• Social Security Administration is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors’ benefits.
• State of Maine Aging and Disability Services has directories and information related to aging and disability issues.
• Southern Maine Agency on Aging is a resource on information, programs and services to improve the well-being of seniors living in Cumberland and York counties.
• Meals on Wheels program provides up to five meals each week. Volunteers deliver meals four days a week (No deliveries on Wednesdays) and generally arrive between 10:30am-12:30pm. Meals are delivered either frozen or pre-heated based on client request or need.
• United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system.